Bonjour!

Saturday, January 30, 2010
I have returned to the art of blogging after my brief sickness (abiet still deaf in one ear), the lure of Chanel Couture and my new loves and inspirations of lilacs and pastels of Spring '10 have set me back on the bloggers natterings and scribbles.

First of firsts. A couple of weekends ago i went glasses shopping, a very gruesome and tiring experience i must say. I should start off to state that i am short - sighted, basically blind as a bat, and that i never, ever bother to wear my glasses - you should be glad to know that i do not drive and have no immediate plans to do so within the future. My last pair were shockingly awful, the frames were lovely, but not so lovely on my face. Leaving horrendous marks on my nose and overtaking my face wasn't a look i pulled off well. However, this was my entire fault, i did buy them on a whim and rash decision, whilst wearing hair extensions. They looked amazing with long hair (it balanced out) but i can't be faffing around with that nonsense day in and out.

And after realising that i was squinting through my actual glasses in class, was in-fact a hint that i should most definitely book my self an eye exam, after realising i was already two years over due.. With the boy in tow we set off to find a pair, funnily enough the first pair i tried on really, actually, no lying, suited me. This seemed a tad to easy, but i went for my eye exam.

I have this peculiar, annoying urge to burst into giggles or laugh whenever im a) having my hair washed at the hair dressers (they always get 'too' into the head massage - its weird) b) eye exams or c) someone's told me their pet/loved one has died. awkward. So after stifling my giggles through a tense eye exam with the poor optician, who was clearly a baffled man, i picked up these fabulous frames..

before..


after.. my new D&G frames.





thoughts? i like to think i look like Gisele in her glasses in the Devil Wears Prada - well i can hope ;)