Swinging 60's!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lisa Eldridge is a highly regarded make up artist in the industry, having created looks for many magazine spreads such as Glamour and Vogue, catwalk looks and has appeared on Channel 4's Ten Years Younger. I have notably been following her work since she made over my own mother, since then i have been glued to her You Tube channel where she gives amazing make up tips and advice, as well as showing how to re-create looks.

One of my favourite looks ever! is this model in a Glamour magazine shoot. I adore the 60's blow dry, full volume hair style with barrel curl flicks. Mostly i envy the smokey eyes complete with long lashes and the pouty coral lips! If i only i could pull this off everyday (and have thick, tamed brows - boo!). So imagine my delight when Lisa posted a video on how to achieve this fabulous look..



I'm so tempted to purchase the Ilamasqua lipstick in Obey, although i am notoriously bad at buying lipstick after lipstick and leaving them lying at the bottom of my make up box, choosing to pick up my trusty nude Mac and Benefit lipglosses.

However, this is very tempting - its such a beautiful summery colour! I think I'll have to raid my nearest counter for a full on trying session, or see if there's a cheaper dupe available. I have been patiently waiting for my next student loan to come through - so i can have discover the wonderful world of Inglot at Westfield.

What are your thoughts?