Spending myy pennies.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Was i the only one who shunned Halloween, in order to watch the X Factor?

Anyway, this past week i received my bursary from my university, which is a lump sum of money that i am "suppose" to use for educational purposes. Well considering that there are about five books concerning magazine publishing (which i already own) and i already have my own mac with all the needed programs, the only thing i could buy is magazine subscriptions?

Well i already have Glamour, Elle and GQ and quite frankly i dilly dally each week/month on what magazines i buy - which is the biggest bull shit i just ever wrote. Because the amount of money i spend on magazines is bloody disgusting, but hey, it's "research". I probably buy each week: Grazia, Look, Heat (as well as picking up my standard free copy of Stylist and Shortlist) as well as buying Instyle, Marie Claire, Cosmo every month - DISGUSTING. Then depending on the cover, i buy i-D, Wonderland, Vogue and Esquire - the SHAME!

Anyway.. i decided to be a good girl and prevent ones self from raiding the handbag section of Selfridges and save it. Although i did have a quick raid of Topshop, Superdrug and New Look, before i put it all away for a rainy day (aka the Christmas sale at Selfridges handbag section). ;)

(ignore the bad smiles - i just cannot smile in photos, VB eat your heart out).


Fur Coat - New Look (£50.00)

I cannot wait to wrap up in this lovely faux fur coat this winter, nom nom.

Bow Back Stripe Tunic - Topshop (£22.00)

Very french chic dress, perfect with tan boots and trench.


Vintage Rose Tie Blouse - Topshop (£32.00)

This featured in 'My Lust List,' the cut and patten is so flattering and dainty. I adore this blouse!

Heart Printed Dress - ASOS (FREE)

I ordered this dress from ASOS on the 9th October (the day before my birth.) and week later it still hadn't arrived. I was quite angry, i had never really used ASOS before and Topshop and Miss Selfridge have a fantastic delivery service. So, as you do i emailed a complaint, to which Customer Service told me that it had been lost in transit, there was none left in stock and they would be refunding me. Three days later £28.00 plus delivery was in my bank account and the dress arrived on my door step. Oh hi!

Although, it badly needs a waist belt as currently i resemble a square.




I had seen both these products on all the beauty blogs, so i decided to investigate. I love love the colour of the Maybelline lipstick, its such a pretty pink - not bad for a £5! Plus the GOSH nail vanish is a lovely lavender/ lilac, very different to what i would normally wear.. but using my Superdrug discount card i got 30% off!

That is all :)