MR BLUE SKY

Friday, April 8, 2011
Sitting in my garden in my sunshine is my absolute favourite place to be, especially with a good book and an iced tea - my idea of heaven! So before i pack up my books on masculinity - who knew men were so interesting? - and head on out to the sunshine i wanted to share a few items that i picked up the last couple of days.

Yesterday i popped into Central London for a few errands, mainly to pick up a few books from London College of Fashion, attend a press day with Sarah and of course, track down that dress.



After many squeals of delight of spotting the perfect summer dress, i practically legged it to the fitting room to try it on. Thats when the disappointment crept in. Although it fits perfectly, its just too short, literally only just covering my bottom! I'm no stranger to short hemlines, but theres a difference from mini to practically showing your ass off. Major sad times, hopefully they will bring this out in the Tall range and i might have better luck - here's hoping..



In the meantime, i  came across this cotton, floral summer dress. I snapped this pretty sharpish i can tell you! I cannot wait to wear this with my plaited waist belt and sandals, for lazy summer evening drinks.

And finally! last week i placed an order with ASOS using my two Groupon vouchers, i had £40 to spend so i decided to divulge in some high-end make-up, as its a fail safe option to purchasing clothes and hoping the sizing is correct, well so i thought! 

I had set out to purchase some bits and bobs from Nars, however every time the pieces i wanted appeared online, they were snapped up so quickly by other shoppers that they sold out on the asap. So i decided that i would branch out and purchase the Benefit Magic Ink and a Jemma Kidd blush with my voucher. The very next day, they re-stocked the entire Nars line..




Jemma Kidd Blush - 5th Avenue (£12.00)

There's been a lot of hype around Jemma Kidd products, it has a fairly reasonable prices and some really pretty shades. I chose the Jemma Kidd blush in 5th Avenue, it is simply beautiful, light and slightly shimmery. It adds a sheer but reasonable amount of colour on the cheek. With many coral blushes you have to employ such a light hand, but this always distributes just the right amount of colour without resembling being tangoed. I'm so very glad i purchased this - definitely should check this out. This is the perfect coral for pale skinned girls, at a very reasonable price!


Although i am slightly baffled as to why the pan of product isn't attached to the actual packaging, odd?


Benefit Magic Ink Liquid Eyeliner - (£14.50)

This item was a slight impulse purchase, only after declaring my love for the L'Oreal liner, i thought i would try a more brush type liner rather than a wand, as i find it easier to create a better flick with this type of brush. I had high expectations for this product, many moons ago Benefit produced a Bad Gal liquid eyeliner which i swore by, but of course like most of their products they eventually discontinued it - boo! And i was pleasantly surprised to see this is basically the same product, good black pigmentation and long-wearing eyeliner. 

With my final voucher left and to my uttermost delight i finally got my hands on a lipstick and blusher from Nars! But of course, things never ever run smooth do they? ASOS sent me my package and i received it yesterday afternoon, i eagrly ripped off the packaging (as you do) and went to swatch away. After modelling the new blusher to the Mother, i realised that they had sent me the wrong bloody shade.

 I swear ASOS and i have a long, turbulent relationship which has amounted in most of my orders being lost or equally messed up. I hopfooted it on to Twitter to moan my heart out, and amazingly their customer service team were EXCELLENT. They apologised, sent the right blusher out to my first thing this morning and told me to keep the wrong shade. So i now have two Nars blushes, thank you very much ASOS! 




I've had long had my eye on Nars' lipstick in Barbarella, a very sheer peach is the ultimate summer tone! Especially on days like this!


On the left we have Gilda, a warm rosey red coral and then Gina, the mistake, which is a very bright pop of coral. I must have an entire family of coral blushes in my collection now, who knew there were so many different tones and shades of coral? ;)



And here are some very pretty, more accurate swatches: Gilda, Gina and 5th Avenue.

A very long, coralisous post indeed!