Skin /Body care routine.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

I have had so many university assignments recently (lack of posting), i decided to do a mammoth post and update on my skin care and body products. Partly because i went on a mass haul in Superdrug a few weeks ago; it really does help when you have the Mother's discount card and vouchers - she works there.

I also decided to post this as now Winter has approached us, with the chucking-it-down rain and chilly cold weather, it really effects our skin. I for one, can't be doing with all that bloody nonsense of dull and pale skin! So i try to remember and religiously moisturise, moisturise, moisturise every night - very impressed with ones self! Anyway, heres what i use!

Superdrug Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream and All Over Body Moisturiser (both under £3)

What it promises?

"Night Cream – Our naturally sourced Vitamin E is a power antitoxant which not only revitalises skin and protects the skin, it also helps combat the damaging effects of free radicals and shields from the environment."

"Body Cream – Give your skin an intensive hydrating treat everyday with this all over body cream that’s rich in naturally sourced Vitamin – E."

My use?

I use both these products straight after I get out of the shower, they are both light, easily and quickly sink in (bonus for the body cream – I hate waiting for it to sink in) with a faint, summery scent. They are just perfect for what you need, just proves you don’t need highend to work miracles. Sometimes, basic is best.

L’Oreal Elvive Re – Nutrition Night Serum (£4.99)

What it promises?

"An overnight blend of nourishing ingrediants for hair thar feels silky and replenishment when you wake up!"

My use?

The Mother bought this for me, in another bid to recsue my endss. (We both share a passion and hatered of split ends.) I use this on top of my other conditioner (not when I use a mask) when its wet, I comb it only through the ends - missing the scalp, in fear of greasy locks. Its very light, meaning no product build up and adds extra strength againts the harsh winter cold!


Aussie Colour Mate Conditioner (£3.49)

What it promises?

"Our unque formular, with Austrailan Wild Peach extract, gently conditions the hair, leaving it with a radient shine and vitality."

My use?

I used this before I even started dying my hair, this conditioner gives ultimate shine (like no other!) whether you do or don’t colour your hair. It doesn’t weigh your hair down plus it gives a vibrant shine with sleek, soft finish. This is a religously bought product for my beauty cabinet.


L’Oreal Elvive Full Restore Replenish Masque (About £4)

What it promises?

"In itensily conditions to help restore the visable signs replenished hair."

My use?

I use this lovely smelling mask one or twice a week, as i'm trying to grow my hair its important that I keep it in top tip condition. I though this would be quite heavy or make my hair greasy but it makes it very, very smooth and I can defininatly tell the difference – waging a war against split ends.


Scrubilious Coconut & Shea Body Scrub (from Boots – on offer £2.99 roughly)

What it promises?

"This delectable mix of coconut oil and shea butter will leave you revlised and refreshed, while the sugar scrub will leave you perfectly smooth and ready for anything!"

My use?

I orginally thought this was a Boots product due to the lower price, but its not! I refuse to spend £7+ on a scrub, when they all seem to the job perfectly fine. The boy jokes that I love this product because it smells of Malibu.. not true. Does what it says on the tin, at great price. I use this about one or twice a week (aka. when I can be bothered, if fake tanning or going out somewhere special). Hah.

Niva Crème (about £3.60)

What it promises?

"The world’s favorite moistriser, where ever skin needs care."

My use?

I purchased this to banish a dry patch on my face and it worked like a miracle. I personally find the cream far too thick to apply to the body, but I slather it on my tootsies after showering with some cotton socks, my feet are prepared for summer sandals already!

Clinque Super Defence SPF 25 (note – this product is a sample. 50ml is £34.00)

What it promises?

"Skins most complete defence against the visable signs of aging in a daily moisturiser."

My use?

I received this as a sample from Clinque when I ordered my toner (I love ordering online at Clinque, am I the only person who gets excited about the two free samples?). This moisturiser is very pricey so I have been scraping the diddyest amount each day, boo. But it turns out to be amazing, it provides the perfect, matt yet moisturised base for my foundation and make up; giving a sutble radiance shine through. I think I’ll check out some other products before I rebuy..

Clinque Moisture Surge (£30.00 – I love pay day treats and online shopping ;) )

What it promises?

"Rapid, long lasting hydration in a refreshing oil-gel. Delivers a burst of moisture. Smooths, softens. Locks moisture all day."

My use?

I battled and battled with this moisturiser, its gel like formular baffles me. It didn't visibly improve my skin – just made it feel tacky and tight. However, if you apply a thin cream moistriser to the skin – aka pre – prep, it can do wonders. Although, I very typically realised this last week, when I have the tinyest amout left. Gr.

Clinque Liquid Facial Soap (£13.00)

What it promises?

"Throughly cleaning developed by Clinques dermatologist for the needs of skin comfortable in cheeks/oliy in t-zone, or oily all over. Leaves skin feeling fresh and clean."

My use?

I use this cleanser morning and night, it completely washes all the make up and grime off my face. I really think this product along with the toner, has helped to overall improve my skin, fighting away imperfections. This cleanser seems to last me forever! I bought this in the beginning in October, with two squirts a day it goes a bloody long way.

Clinque Clarifying Lotion Toner (£14.00)

What it promises?

"Gentle exfoliating lotion developed by Cliques dermatologist to clarify skins that are comfortable in the cheeks, oily in the t-zone."

My use?

I use this toner morning and night, over the last few months this toner has cleared my skin dramatically. My skin is more freshfaced with only a few imperfections (when time of the month lurkes), it visibly tightens my skin making it feel clean and happy. Happy skin = Happy Me. I really advise any one to look in to Three Step Routine by Clinque – girls, clense, tone, moisturise!

St. Ives Apricot Scrub (blemish fighting) (About £3.99)

What it promises?

"Effectively lifts away surface oils and dirt that can lead to black heads and blemishes."

My use?

I always result back to this scrub, its bloody amazing. A little goes a long way. I really notice my skin clearer and brighter after using this for a couple of weeks. Use twice or three times a week.