Get up off that thing.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011
After much deliberation, i came to the conclusion that myself and a pair of trousers do not see fit together. I find them uncomfortable, and they are easy to get stuck in a style rut. I much prefer dresses and skirts, simply because i feel more feminine and they are just so easy to wear, no thought process involved. This was however until i came across Blair's blog, and rushed out to buy every chino in sight.


Striped Top - H&M (current season - £7.99)
Button Detail Chinos - New Look (£22.99)

I love the shade of these chinos, a dusty brick colour. A shade i've never worn before, but i already have a thousand outfit equations in my mind.



Floral Blouse - Topshop (past season)
Cream Chinos - Tesco (£16.00)
Plaited Belt - New Look (£3.99)

Basically ideal for the summer, and the most casual my style will ever go.


Floral Blouse - Topshop (current season)
Faux Suade Shorts - Tesco (£16.00)

Ok - so not chinos, but i still had to have them! I had seen plenty of suede brown paper-bag shorts everywhere, but for thirty pounds i couldn't really justify another pair of shorts in my wardrobe. However at that price, what a steal! Most high-waisted items are a no-go area, they never quite fit usually gaping at the front, but these, unlike the Miss Selfridge pairs aren't too bulky.

What are you thoughts on chinos? I think they can look very on-trend, but without looking like you've tried so hard. Plus they go with everything and anything!