oh, Marc.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011


I have a some-what love affair with Marc Jacobs. It all started with the Stam. 



I was obsessed, this bag kicks any other out of the water. I mean come on, it was only named after Jessica Stam, one of the world's most sought after models. Since i first clapped eyes on it, i've wanted it - i still do. As i started earning my own pennies over a past summer, i made my first purchase of a Marc by Marc purse, it hasn't left me since i bought it five years back. My love affair was confirmed. I then worked like crazy the next summer when i purchased my own leather cream tote bag. It has seen me through every summer since, and i cannot help but have a peak at the latest seasons. Marc by Marc is the sister line of Marc Jacobs, with amazing quality, leather and design; albeit slight more affordable (well), here are a few of my favourites..

hillier hobo shoulder bag (£350) / natasha leather bag (£240) / oversized leather tote (£425) / pouchette leather bag (£175) / perfect purse (£200) / hillier hobo shoulder bag (£350) / pendant watch necklace (£180) / grain leather hobo (£370) / hayley leather tote (£440) / mini leather bag (£220) / petal pouch (£60) / helena leather tote (£415) / annabella chain bracelet (£70)

Of course, these bags still have a rather high price tag. But one of the greatest, best kept secrets in London is the Marc by Marc store, where the Marc Jacobs special line lives. On the corner of Mount Street in central London lives both the Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc, yet they both hold this rather extra-special treat. Purses, tote bags, bow-ties, wellies, lipstick pens, necklaces.. for very, very, in-expencive prices!  



scarf / bag / bracelet /  lipstick pen (£3.50) / key rings (£3.00) / tee-shirt (£10-£30) / heart mirror (£3.50) / pouchlette / key rings / tote (in a variety of colours £17) / necklaces (£3-£15) / notebooks / scarf /  tote / mini stationary set - prices from memory.

I really do recommend popping along to have a look if you get the chance, the staff in both stores are just lovely! Look out for the key necklace above, i bought it for a silly, silly price and i adore it. Especially when it has MJ as part of the key itself.

Have you ever been to the Mount St. Store?

(had to include the semi-naked photo, for er, reference of his amazing tattoos)