Growing pains.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

How could i not resist? I was so there. Admittedly at eight am on Wednesday morning none the less, but i did literally get first dibs on the sale pieces up for grab - and i'm glad i did as by mid-morning most items had already disappeared. With the sole intention of nabbing some extra holiday bits, i thought the sale was a tad pants, i guess we are still holding tight for our British summer. I did however manage to nab three bits..


Orient Maxi Dress (£15.00) 

The word maxi doesn't exist in my wardrobe vocabulary, don't get me wrong i think they can look so effortless in the summer, but i've never really been drawn to the longer hem, preferring to get maa legs out. Clearly caught up in all the excitement of sale shopping i added this to my basket, the print is so very pretty and it's more of a beach cover up than anything. In a light, thin material i thought this would be perfect for my holiday, walking on the beach or going for lunch. I'm still not all convinced on the maxi side of things, may have to rope in my grandmother to slash the hem line in half..
Knitted Spacedye 70's Top - (£15.00)

I've had my eye on this Missoni-esq jumper for a while now, toying whether to purchase. I adore the burnt reds and orange shades, i'm seriously hoping its as soft and finely knitted as i imagine. I think this is that item you glaze over when you see in-store, but when worn it looks completely amazing. Basic but simple. Can't wait to pair this with white linen shorts and tan moccasins.


Tall Bell Sleeve Dress - (£20.00)

As soon as i saw this pretty lace and chiffon dress i snapped it up, in which i must confess a smaller size that what i would normally purchase. I then instantly regretted it and made my way into my local branch to see if they had my size, to which they had a full rack full of different sizes. I picked up my normal size ten and when i tried it on later that evening and found the sizing to be really, really generous, it looked pretty stupid to be frank - maybe as to why they are in the sale? So i'll be returning the size ten and hoping the size eight i ordered is a better fit, and i don't resemble a lacy sack. If not, i'll just have to order the Miss Guided dress everyones banging on about!

I intend to raid the in-store sale over the weekend, on the look out for another two (cheap) bikinis. Did you purchase anything from the Topshop sale?