Ninety nine problems.

Thursday, June 2, 2011
I adore magazines, heck i studied them for my degree! But really, a magazine can be classed as a style guide, an information source, a form of art or even just a quick read for a train ride. Since starting my degree i've my self collecting all types of different magazines, general issues or special editions, overall building a mass collection. What an odd thing to collect you may think, but really an issue of one magazine can tell you entirely what exactly was happening that month of that year. I could pick up a copy of Elle in ten years time and tell you that Rosie Huntington Whitely was one of the major models of that moment and women were going crazy over the iconic Mulberry brand. Its a pinpointed timeframe of culture, fashion, beauty, trends all tidily illustrated in print glossy format. What's not to love? 

I have rather an extensive collection already, but my all time two favourite magazines i picked out and photographed below..


French Vogue - October 2010 

When i went to Paris for my 21st birthday i couldn't resist buying a copy of French Vogue of which was celebrating it's 90th birthday. This special edition issue is bloomin' big, it features hand-picked favourite articles from when it was first published as well as many specially designed birthday congratulations from different fashion designers and beauty houses. It's simply a piece of art, even despite the fact i cannot read a word! It also came with a special pull out oversized magazine that features all the best shots from various photoshoots from different decades, with a variety of supermodels and legendary photographers such as Mario Testino and Terry Richardson. I cannot wait to frame these large prints and hang them when i move out into my own home, they are too precious. This magazine will forever remind me of the fabulous time i had in Paris and reading it in the sunshine with my boy in the heart of Paris.


A Chanel Bon Anniversare! 


Famous photoshoots in collectors issues.


Vogue December 2009

This issue is very special to me, if your a long time reader of my blog you'll know why exactly. When i attended Vogue's Fashion Night Out in September 2009, i met many wonderful people in the fashion industry, one of them being Mario Testino, the most amazing fashion photographer in my eyes. He has snapped everyone and anyone of importance, and it was he who shot William and Kate's engagement photos. Mario was such a lovely man and spent a while talking about our career aspirations, making us promise 'when you become editors, you must book me!'


I was even more so delighted when our conversation ended up in print, in Vogue!


one word: crazy!
I spend an unforgivable amount of money on magazines each month, even hunting down the international editions in Selfridges. Now forget the walk in wardrobe, where is are my magazine bookshelves?

Just a quick note to say that Groupon are doing a fabulous offer in conjunction with Conde Nast, where by you can purchase a years subscription from the likes of Glamour, Vogue, Wired, GQ and Vanity Fair for £19.99 - bargain! 


You can snap up the offer on the Groupon website. I will most probably purchase a Vogue subscription as mine has finished, and i'm rather tempted by GQ too - i'm obsessed! Oh and i might purchase Wired for my dad's birthday...