Sweet dreams or a beautiful nightmare.

Monday, June 27, 2011
After three hard years of university work, not to mention the last few gruelling months, i finally received my final, final results and grading. Various date push-backs and complete miscommunication meant i was even more nervous and crazy than ever. However, to my utter most delight and complete excitement on Tuesday last week i logged on to find out that i, yours truly, will be graduating with a First Class BA Honours in Magazine Publishing.

(Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!)


I am SO pleased, even more so to see that i received 90% for my dissertation! LCC are pretty harsh when it comes to grade barriers, needing 85% alone to hit a First. But honestly i really couldn't be any happier. After many thousand family and friend phone calls, i had an enormous celebratory dinner at my Grandparents house to celebrate! Much to the delight of my Grandmother who probably cried happy tears throughout the entire evening, and whom decided to tell the entire WI. I can confirm that i spoke to majority of the Over 60's group on speaker phone and the lady in our nearest Chinease take-out thinks i'm expecting my first child, rather than a First degree. Family, you've got to love them.

With the happiness of receiving the highest grade for all my work comes the sad realisation of not being a student any more. Time to hand back the student discount (sob!) and actually go out the real world and show em what i'm made of. But in the mean time, lets panic about the GRADUATION OUTFIT!


Cream Tired Dress - French Connection (£110.00)
Peach Blazer - Miss Selfridge (£48.00)
Lace Pumps - ASOS (£25.00)

Whilst my parents are suited and booted, my mother in a godawful dress she let my dad pick out (yes i'm still confused too!) They kindly agreed to go halves on the cream French Connection dress i tried on previously. It may seem pretty classic and simple, but i like it that way. I honestly don't want to show my grand children photos of me turning up in god forbid some block-colour maxi dress with ombred hair (i kid.) The French Connection dress fits perfectly and accentuates all the right areas, that is if i remember not to bend over. I plan to hunt down a pale dusty pink blazer, to add some colour and some sharp tailoring. I love a good blazer, it brings out my inner Balmain runway model. Forget the heels, flats are my fail safe option, i don't intend to make it any way possible to trip and land on an audience member whilst receiving my certificate in front of a full auditorium of people. No sir-ree. Pretty, delicate, embellished flats are the way forward. Then i may toughen it up with my black Alexa, which will hopefully look contrasting in a good way.

Then roll on my holiday a week later, then it really is time to knuckle down and start the career ladder - gulp. Thoughts on the outfit? And most importantly, do i really have to wear that ugly hat? I had in mind for a sweeping updo, and i don't want the horror of hat hair. What would the grandkids say?