Ins and Outs - 15th June

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Holiday
With only a month to go before i jet off on holiday to Cuba, i had a complete utter melt down when it came to changing my a/w winter wardrobe to my summer wardrobe (does anybody else do this - or do i really own too many clothes?) i realised had no holiday clothes to speak off apart from a rather dusty faded bikini. Clearly last year i didn't buy any summer clothes, i must have been seriously miffed at not going away. Though in recents weeks after a few sneaky orders online and a few Primark dashes for inexpensive beach dresses, i've picked up a few things..


terrible photo..terrible weather! 

Topshop Playsuit (£26.00) - Perfect for lounging around the beach.
Accesorize Brodie Bikini (£28.00) - So pretty!
New Look Sandals (£14.00) - I prefer these to flipflops.
New Look Red Courts (£19.99) - Oh yes, i bought them!

Also starting to pen my duty free list, yes thats right, you heard correct. I'm well aware that its not that much cheaper to buy fragrances in Duty Free but what the heck i'll be in holiday mode, i have my sights set on..


Balenciaga perfume - After spritzing every perfume possible in House of Fraser last week, my nose literally couldn't distinguish between the scents. I will also take this moment to publicly print my apology to the lady sitting next to me on Southern Rail train that afternoon, i was my very own personal perfume cloud and you sneezed quite a few times, sorry. Then after sniffing the fifty thousand fragrance cards when i returned home, the Balenciaga perfume was an instant hit, its very sheer yet punchy floral scent with a hint of violet, lovely.


Chanel Coco Shine Lipsticks in Boy and Evasion, they are both very pretty coral and pale pink, perfect.

Film/Book/Television


I adore Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Shaun of the Dead is my favourite all time film, and yes, i annoying know all the words. When Paul came out i rushed to the cinema to watch (with six other boys may i add) and was not disappointed, neither did i miss all the Star Wars references. Geek and proud.

Crime thrillers are my firm favourite reading material, i don't do chick lit i'm afraid, ghastly. Since reading and throughly enjoying the Stieg Larsons trilogy The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last summer, i have since been reading Jo Nesbo series most notably The Snowman. This Swedish author is strikingly similar to Larson, with his thriller resolving around Harry Hole, i've ordered his entire series for my holiday. 

Like most of the nation i'm currently hooked on The Apprentice, and even more so this week where the teams have to create a free premium magazine with the help of ShortList Media, who both publish Stylist and ShortList. Of where i both interned last summer and interviewed the director Mike for my dissertation, exciting on one hand, but i can predict a fare few angry tweets this evening... maybe i should have sent them my dissertation prior to the task eh?


Topshop

As much as i express my underlying love for Topshop, these past two months i have been seriously horrified with their customer service. I've tried on three occasions to order this blouse, but have been sent the wrong item, their customer service has been completely unhelpful and a tad creepy - they saw a tweet of mine online and somehow stalked down my telephone number. I have contacted them numerous times to alert them of this issue, but they fail to change it or assure me it's safe to re-order. I have sent a rather demanding angry email yesterday on arrival of the third wrong blouse, so watch this space. Not impressed. 

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Face Wash


I bought this cleanser to tide me over at the end of the month before payday, and how disappointed i am. On paper it promises to be the perfect cleanser, it smells scrummy too, but it completely fails to do the job in hand. It neither lathers well, and i was even more horrified to see after toning it hadn't removed all traces of my make-up in the slightest. Irritating.

Bit of a ramble to say the least, but i always have to much to share! I also get my university results tomorrow, three words: shitting it frankly. If i goes according to plan, i shall be getting rather merry & if not so well, well, i'll be a hermit for a while. Fingers crossed.