Overnight Celebrity

Friday, June 3, 2011
Since handing in my dissertation and finishing my Magazine Publishing degree i have thrown myself in to my part-time job in retail, which technically feels like full time at the moment. I have worked as a sales assistant in retail for the past five years in the same women's clothing shop, and i'm not kidding when i say you haven't worked a hard day unless you've tried retail. General moaning aside, i have some fabulous loyal little ladies of whom i would adopt as grannies if i could, who come in every week and need dressing up for the one occasion or another. So whilst i've been busy styling the nations grannies, i decided to go a tad crazy on pay day and treat one's self. And throughly abuse the students 20% off at Topshop.



Animal Print Vest - Topshop (£30.00 w/ £24.00)

I picked this sheer leopard print blouse simply on a whim, among the other fifty thousand items i tried on and i loved it! I don't have any animal print in my wardrobe what so ever, it was time for a change! I can't wait to dress this up and down, especially with a nude/black sharp blazer.



Mink Pintuck Shorts - Miss Selfridge (£32.00)

I fell in love with the gold vintage style buttons against the mink silky material. They are simple yet classic, for summer with a tan or winter and black tights. I think these look so much more expensive than what they were.





Cherry Print Fifties Sundress - Topshop (£36.00)

I could not deny my inner 50's Mad Men character this dress! The shift cut is so flattering, and the cherry print - how bloody cute! This will need to be worn on a seriously hot summers british day, but definitely a winner for my holiday wardrobe. Its a rather thick material too with added pockets, so a fairly reasonable print for Topshop i dare say.



Metal Leaf Sandal - Acessorize (£32.00)

I had been hunting high and low for the perfect sandal, they are either to bright and clashing or just simply cheap looking. Although Zara has some majorly pretty pairs, swoon, tad pricey though. However, the golden metal grecian leaf detail is so understated yet so pretty, in stark contrast to my rather scary other studded sandals from last year.



Belted Holiday Shorts - Topshop (£32.00)

These white linen shorts will not only be a staple for my holiday, but for the british summer too. They aren't ridiculously short short like i have seen else wear, the shorts are also double lined so no frantic worrying about the need for nude knicks! Overall they seem really fantastic quality, and i love the belt too! Might have to pop back in for the navy pair. These can be dressed up with so many of the chiffon, silky tops i er keep buying.




Cactus Flower - Nars Cream Blush (£20.50)

How could i resist when ASOS had 20% off branded items? I think i was rather restrained if you ask me. A very pretty creamy light red with a golden shimmer, swoon.

And to finish off i bought this dress from H&M for only £15 from the use of the discount codes i posted last week, despite it being a size 10 it was super tight, no way would it have fitted a B+ cup. Tut. I returned it to store, after i 'lost' the dispatch note and swapped it for £30 worth of stock, hurrah! But the sales assistant mentioned that all H&M sizes were rather odd like that? Bizarre! I bought this lace shirt, some much needed leggings - which i highly recommend and a simple navy nautical cardigan, perfect! 

I've just gone shopping crazy at the moment, at least its clothes and not.more.make.up. What have you been buying recently?