A Forever Bag

Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Since i purchased my beloved Mulberry tan Bayswater it hasn't left my arm and as much as i love it, im getting broody for another. I know i shouldn't buy another bag, but what the hell. Im nineteen years of age with no responsibilities, no bills, no car, no insurance to pay. If i don't buy one now, what if im never able to afford another? baha, we all know thats rubbish! I would quite happily live on bread and water for a month for a Chanel 2.55 (well, wouldn't you?) 

So after raiding through Net-A-Porter (my dirty little habit) i have found a new love. Marc by Marc Jacobs. I already own a summer leather tote, BUT the Aiden Leather bowling bag is a new found lust. The colour is perfect for Autumn/Winter, where as my Mulberry isn't cut out for the rain pours in England. The shape is perfect and also looks quite roomy for my millions of hand bag necessities. 
However, im torn. I have been ponding on the Louis Vuitton Monogramed Speedy. After shocking out cries of many friends, this bag divides opinion quite frankly. Known for its trashy replicas and fakes, its gained a bad reputation. Yet, one must understand that it all depends on the wearer of the bag, clearly the bag will obviously fake on some women? We have all bought a fake, don't even lie to yourself. Out of a moment of weakness yet the bag looses it's appeal when you know its fake fake fake. 

So anyway, whilst pondering, i came across something very interesting indeed. A great influence on my style, the icon Audrey Hepburn was a big fan of the LV Speedy; oh yes. After modeling it in her film Charade 1963, it was a favorite and classic bag. THe LV Speedy is very well known, with an iconic print but do i want to be tarred with the trashy brush?





What do you think? the LV Speedy or the Marc by Marc Jacobs?