We like fiction at Vogue.

Monday, September 7, 2009

With the eagerly awaited release of The September Issue on Friday, i decided to spoil you and give you some Anna Wintour Quotes. enjoy.

On learning, aged 10, that she could be an Olympic sprinter

How frightful! What on earth will happen to my calves? (1960)

Responding to a complaint from Cindy Crawford's agent after three of her photo shoots were dropped

Cindy Crawford's just another model - I'm Anna Wintour (1996)

Asked by Vogue editor Grace Mirabella what job she wanted

Yours (1982)

On editing

A magazine should be like a perfect dinner party. The two essentials are a politician and a pretty girl (1977)

On her public image

I read in the New York Times this week that I'm an ice queen, I'm the sun king, I'm an alien fleeing from District 9 and I'm a dominatrix. So I reckon that makes me a lukewarm royalty with a whip from outer space. Whattaya think? (2009)

On her first day as editor of British Vogue, seeing photos of a model with her head wrapped in bandages

Oh my God, I'm back in England (1986)

Advice to an assistant about clothes

You have to throw out everything you own (1977)

After a fur protestor dropped a dead racoon on her plate at the Four Seasons Grill Room

Merry Christmas. Coffee, please ... (1996)

On the fuller figure

I have just been on a trip to Minnesota, where I can only kindly describe most of the people I saw as little houses (2009)

On Vogue's website

Come up with a new word for "blog" (2007)

On being sacked in 1976 by US Harper's Bazaar

They didn't feel I understood the American woman - maybe they had a point (1986)

Asked by her best friend why she always hung up the phone without saying goodbye

There's no point is there, really? We've finished talking (1962)

On The Devil Wears Prada

I seem to remember that the film was fiction. We really like fiction at Vogue (2009)

On Monica Lewinsky and Linda Tripp

If you are going to make accusations about the President, you had better have a good hairdresser (1998)

As only a few cinemas are showing The September Issue, if you are not able to see it on the big screen it is released on DVD on September 21st! pre order here. 

Everyman Hampstead, London

The Rich Mix, Bethnal Green, London

Screen on the Green, Islington, London

Curzon Mayfair, London 

The Electric Notting Hill, London 


Quotes stolen from John Hind, The Guardian.