Drugstore Haul

Sunday, October 4, 2009
When having a Autumn/Winter clear out just before i go back to uni, i discovered that i have so many skin and beauty products that it just got to the point of becoming silly. I sorted out the products that i could definitely use, such as half used bottles of body lotion and shampoo and decided that i cannot possibly buy anymore until they are finished! I also threw out alot of make up that was near passing its sell by date as well as giving my make up brushes a good old clean; good tip: use Johnson's baby shampoo, gives just a good a result as Mac brush cleanser.

I decided that not only would i be buying a back to uni wardrobe but give my beauty bag an overhaul. So off to Boots, i picked up some drugstore make up pieces for a cheap, quick fix. Im hoping for some Mac vouchers for my birthday, so i can have a good spend then too!


Revlon Nail Vanish - Steel Her Heart (£6.00)

I do not know why i bought grey nail varnish, what possessed me? Im yet to try this out, but it looks fairly bland on one nail. This will be for when i'm feel rather quirky or grungy.
Revlon Nail Varnish - Plum Night (£6.00)

This purple shade looks quite light but after a few needed coats it came out quite a dark berry colour, which was a really in depth colour. It needed a topcoat, to make it look shiny; unlike the Chanel and Barry M polishes which already have a good shine to them. It had a really runny consistency, meaning you had to be quite careful in applying the varnish.
Paris Super Liner - L'Oreal (£6.00)

This liner looks like its super hard to use, but it's actually really steady. I use the carbon black shade and the colour is full on black, unlike my Rimmel eyeliner that sometimes needs going over as its quite watery. The pen liner can either give a fine or thick line, depending on the pressure when drawing on. I always make mistakes when lining my eyelids but i also use a cotton bud dipped in eye makup remover to remove any smudges, to create a sharp, neat line. I'm intrigued to try the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and brush, but the time being i will stick to this as it glides on really well.


Earth Spirits Eyeshadow in Burnt Bark - Max Factor


Earth Spirits Eyeshadow in Almond - Max Factor

Both these single eyeshadows from Max Factor are so cute, they are good dupes for Mac eyeshadows. They are fairly matt colours, with a sheen but not that pigmented. I use the Almond for a everyday base, then with the Burnt Bark to add definition. Or i use the Burnt Bark all over, for a stronger day to night shade. I love neutral, natural colours as they suit my eye colour and i also find them really easy apply when i'm running short for time.

I really wish i could post photos of swatches and looks but i do not own a digital camera, although my lovely boy friend has ordered one for my birthday, so hopefully i will add some up in my later posts.