Make up Haul - 25th October

Sunday, October 25, 2009
After investing in Mac Studio Fluid Fix, which is absolutely amazing may i add, i decided to splurge on a new concealer, powder and brushes. Like i've said before, i have also been more of a Clinque girl, well my dears, that has changed. I may be a little slow and behind, but i have certainly joined the ranks of other Mac addicts!

I really wanted a powder to set my foundation, i only use the slightest amount - because there is nothing - i repeat nothing- worse than looking chalky!

The Mac sales assistant found the perfect shade, a few tones darker than my foundation so that i wasn't washed out. She did offer me the Mineral powder, however i didn't want to run the risk of looking glittery. It also comes with a small pad applicator which is fine if you need full coverage, but i use my massive Clinque powder brush for a small coverage.


This concealer is my holy grail product! This is amazzzing! As my foundation isn't heavy at all, the concealer is the perfect cover up for big pores or imperfections. The pot is quite small, but a this product goes a very long way - only needing the smallest amount. I would definitely recommend using a brush when applying, as using your finger you take alot of product that you don't really need. Also, if you use Benefit's Bo-ing, this is a cheaper, much better alternative.


I picked this up whilst on my lunch break in Boots where its currently on a save £3 offer. My eyelashes are healthy but i do use alot of mascara, my Doir Show is quite heavy, so i bought this treatment to give them extra strength and boost!

The wand isn't a normal brush but a banana shaped wand that you brush the clear liquid on to your eyelashes. It really made a difference when i applied it on before i went to bed, it made my lashes long without even using normal mascara! I also tried it on underneath my Doir mascara, and it did seem to separate and define my lashes more - but no real difference. But still, i will definitely continue to use this before i go to bed.

This product is new to L'Oreal and is a bigger version on the double ended Double Extension Mascara - which has both the clear lash treatment and mascara.


I am obsessed with buying nail vanishes at the moment. I love nude/baby pink tones as they look so neat and sophisticated, I picked up Baby Pink from Barry M in Superdrug for £2.95.


After buying my new Mac concealer, i wanted to try out a cheap but quality brush to see whether it was the best application. So i headed to No7 (i have soo many £5 off vouchers its silly) in Boots, but the only brush that seemed big enough was the eye shadow brush! Their actual concealer brush was pathetic, a bit like a lip brush - how odd! Although this brush does the job perfectly and for 75p it was a bargain!

I also purchased a foundation brush, after seeing the Mac sales assistant use it so effortlessly i thought i would give it a try. With another voucher, a £6 brush was a cheap way of exploring with a foundation brush. I'm still tackling the art of application with a brush, watch this space.

This beautiful blusher was a gift for my birthday, it has actually changed my complete make up routine! I simply haven't had time to blog about it, but it really does deserve a post to itself.

Its a cream blush by Laura Mercier in shade Oleander (£17.62). I've found it so hard to find a powder blush in the right shade with ultimate staying power, as well as the fact that i simply cannot apply it what so ever.

But this cream blush adds a sheeny pink pop of colour, which is incredibly easy to blend and apply. I have truly be converted to cream blushes, they don't dull out your skin - they provide a glowing pop of colour!