ZOO magazine

Sunday, October 25, 2009


Last week i completed work experience at ZOO magazine, if your not sure what this is - it's a lad mag aimed at 15-26 year old men who are interested in sex, football, getting pissed and boobs! This was an amazing opportunity and i was excited to see how the magazine is put together in time. Both ZOO and Nut's magazine get alot of bad press, but i actually think they are hilarious (as-long as you look past all those half naked ladies!).

I got to Bauer office just off Oxford St. on Wednesday morning, which was very sleek and posh. When i arrived in the office, i was given my own Mac which was directly opposite a poster (the size of the actual wall!) of a naked and very, very big busted blonde! I was set to work by handing out post, meeting everyone on the team (they were so friendly- so not Devil Wears Prada!) then i spent time searching for stories that we could pull for the next issue - such as 'Women, 49, takes husband in to the woods for sexy romp after drugging him with 'Horny Goat Weed' where she slits his throat in attempted murder' - very crazy stuff.

Then i was sent off in search of fireworks for an up and coming shoot - do you know how hard it is to find fireworks in central London?! I trawled around with the company credit card, with no idea of how much to buy when i finally ended up in Camden Sainsbury's where i bought so many rockets and sparklers! The following day i also went to North London, to a tiny, tiny shop in a weird, deserted town - which was the only place that stocked giant rockets! I felt like i was taking part in The Apprentice! I was however very worried about taking a massive black sack of assorted fireworks on the underground, incase i was a suspected bloody terrorist.

My next task was very daunting, i was to take to myself and a large camera to Oxford St. and ask three girls very personal, raunchy questions (hah). For example: What has been your most adventurous sexual adventure? Would you ever sleep with a guy on a first date? Have you ever been caught having sex in a public place? This wasn't even the hardest but, i firstly had to stop and find only very pretty, young girls to ask, in rush hour on Oxford Street - very scary! The amount of girls and women who went running off as soon as i mentioned i was from ZOO magazine was crazy, i feared for my safety. Although, I managed to succeed in asking three girls, whether they would ever sleep with a guy on a first date, god knows how!

I also went all over London to pick up assorted items needed for shoots and the office, upon returning to the building there were a large media storm and fan group waiting outside, apparently waiting for Jordan to come out. So naturally i did have a sneaky look around the offices but unfortunately i didn't get a sneak peak!

I also completed quite alot of editorial work, which is great for building up my portfolio. I wrote many questions for up and coming interviews for glamour girls and film actor Danny Dyer, i also found a hidden talent for writing sexual confessions (ahaha) which will be printed in the magazine soon, hopefully! I packed various goodie bags and big packages full of back issues that will be sent to troops in Afghanistan.

I had a great couple of days at ZOO, it was knackering but well worth the experience. I really hope they will have me back again because it was so random (they actually have a cupboard full of bras and thongs!) and i learnt so much - that i would never learn in a lecture. I will be definitely purchasing my copy of ZOO on Tuesday to see my printed name (heh!) and look forward to seeing my sexual confessions - which are strictly all fictional by the way! And i can truly admit that i have had my fair share of double DD's for a long time coming..