March Madness

Friday, April 2, 2010
In March i bought a couple of things, even though i was technically broke - boo! Yet, i managed to will ones self to break in to my savings for a few things ;)

I waited patiently for the Liberty London Collection for Mac to be released online, until it got to Thursday and realised it hadn't. After emailing Mac they replied saying that it won't be online till Tuesday! so phew, although i did brace the bank holiday shoppers in London Selfridges so i could have a general nose.


i bet your sick of talking about the packaging, but it's so cute!
Liberty of London department store is all about its famous prints, yet i think its quite ironic the store doesn't even stock Mac anymore? bizarre, hint hint maybe?


Before purchasing, i did some research online from our ladies across the pond who always receive collections first. I'm not usually that fussed over new collections, sure i lusted over the Blush Ombres and there were few items that i was quite miffed about over Christmas that i didn't get my hands on. But this was really the first product that i was determined to buy!

Ever Hip is creamsheen Mac lipstick in a very pale coral, it looks quite bright in the photo, but in real life it's beautiful! I adore all peachy and coral looks and have been waiting for just the right shade and Ever Hip is just that.

Ever Hip Limited Edition - Mac (£12.00)


I also picked up a beauty powder, which is basically just a blush or highlight? in Shell Pink. This shade is so pretty, i can't stop swatching it. It's so light and shimmery, not glittery. The colour pay off is quite surprising as i actually thought it might just be shimmer, but it leaves a rosey/coral colour. I can't wait to use this along side my Nars Laguna.

Shell Pink Beauty Powder - Mac (£16.00)

I'm not going to lie, this product was bought out of sheer laziness.. i honestly cannot be bothered with the hassle of fake tanning. It stinks and its just a boring process that you attempt to get right. The Rimmel Sun Shimmer is a wash off gel that you can rub in the skin to create a natural tan when you need to, meaning i don't have to do a mad panic dance when i realise i won't fake tan in time to go out at the last minute.

I got Medium Matte, which gives the better colour pay off, so i don't look like a glittery orange. This product is perfect for stashing in my beauty box all year round, i don't to slave away putting tan all over when most of the time it's only my arms and legs.

more importantly - no fuck ups basically!

Rimmel Wash Off Sun Shimmer - Boots (£4.99)



I decided that i would test the market for a fake lash looking mascara, after shelling out £22 for my Doir Show every time it ran out, although it is possibly the best mascara i have ever used. I then went on to L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen which was just meh, it flaked and just didn't wow really. So i bought Plush Lash from Mac, it has a large brush (like my Doir) but quite short if that makes sense? Yet it works well if carefully applied as i think its quite liquidy.

I think i'll probably go back to Doir, but at-least i know if im fairly skint, this is a good alternative.

Although i have learnt that ALL my mascaras apply more evenly and separate my lashes better when i have previously primed with L'Oreal Serum, this has become my must have item over the last couple of months.

Plush Lash - Mac (£12.00)


Tommy Guns is a new brand to me, it was quite popular at Hair offices and at a more reasonable price i decided to give it a go. I bought this from John Lewis where most of the range is similarly priced at £5.99 mark. It's a leave in conditioner, that also contains UV heat protectors. As my hair is growing (yay) it is still quite fine, so i have been using these types of products to keep the split ends at bay in between hair dressers appointments. After its washed, i will run this through my ends, keeping the product away from my roots or body hair as to not flatten it.

Leave Me In - Tommy Gunns @ John Lewis (£5.99)


When i'm broke and in need of some retail therapy i turn to ELF for a quick fix. Although sadly it doesn't always live up to my expectations. I purchased the bronzer/blush duo which is a dupe for Nars Laguna/ Orgasm. First thing to say is that these are highly pigmented and the colour pay off is amazing, suprisingly so. However, i don't do glitter on my face, if thats your thing or your not as heavy handed give it ago!

I also purchased ELF Gel Liner in black, yet it lacks colour pay out and i needed to line over to get a full on black. And im pretty much naff as it is to line my eyes, let alone trying to do another line over the top.

Studio Bronzer/ Blush Duo -ELF (£3.50)
Studio Gel Liner - ELF (£3.50)


I've been meaning to try this for a while, now that summer is around the corner its so important to wack on an SPF. I've heard great reviews of this being used as a primer under make up, it adds that the lightweight formula helps wick away any perspiration and absorb excess oil so make up looks fresher and longer.

City Block Sheer - Clinique (£15.00) paid for with the points on my Boots card!


After the slight disappointment with the ELF liner, while i was at the Clinique counter i gave this a whirl. The sales assistant asked me to apply the gel liner myself so that i could work out if i could muster the application, which was actually quite a good idea. It has great colour pay off, smudge free and alot creamier in consistency. With the liner, it comes with its very own small brush, this is perfect as the brush is just the right shape to create a thin liner.



Gel Liner - Clinique (£13.00 including the brush)

As i purchased a skin care item and beauty product i got this free gift on promotion in Boots, in contains samples of:

- Rinse - Off Foaming Cleanser (perfect for traveling or when you've you just run out of normal cleanser)
- Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion (dinky enough to fit in my hand bag)
- High Impact Curling Mascara
- Long Last Gloss Wear in Air Kiss
- 2 piece brush set
- Clinique Colour Palette with blusher and two eyeshadows


Lots of products to test out!